I had no idea the parents of Sandy Hook victims are (STILL!) being viciously and violently harassed by fans of the fake news InfoWars site, which promotes that the massacre was staged. Here are the parts I found most shocking and troubling about a great piece by the Los Angeles Times.
– The family of Noah Pozner (killed at Sandy Hook) has received hate-filled calls and violent emails from people who say they know the shooting was a hoax. Photos of their son — some with pornographic and anti-Semitic content (the family is Jewish) — have been distributed on websites.
– Most of the families associated with Sandy Hook have removed or protected their social media accounts and unlisted their telephone numbers; some have changed homes.
– An unemployed waitress was arrested in December in Florida on charges of making death threats against Noah Pozner’s dad, with repeated phone calls to his home in which she muttered ethnic and racial slurs and profanities.
– It took [Noah’s dad] nearly a year to remove a video that featured photos of Noah over the soundtrack from a porn movie. He is currently pressing YouTube about a video with maps and directional arrows pointing to an apartment where he used to live, chillingly zooming in on him through a balcony door as though a sniper was aiming a shot. Fearful for his safety, he has moved six times since Noah’s death (he now lives in Florida) and has all mail sent to post office boxes.
– An unabashed Trump supporter during the campaign, InfoWars’ Alex Jones says he received a personal call of thanks from the president-elect days after the election. Chew on that for a while. The president of the United States supports, even relies on, InfoWars. 😳
Can you imagine people being so deluded in their thinking as to travel to Newtown to harass the medical examiner or destroy the children’s memorials or make death threats against their parents? Sadly, these people form part of Trump’s most fervent base.